Friday, May 1, 2009

WOOT!

*much* to my surprise we met with the mortgage broker today and things went swimmingly! nothing is set in stone, but it looks like (fingers crossed) we may indeed be approved for a loan that is larger than our expected budget!!!!
WHOOOO - HOOO!
now, that doesn't mean we are going to run out and buy something at the top of our budget... or maybe buy anything at all just yet... but it does mean that I can exhale knowing I am not an utter failure who will never be "grown up" enough to own my own home.... not that people who don't own their homes are failures or not grown up! geez, that sounded BAD. forgive!

Now a whole new kind of anxiety is washing over me:
- is the house we were originally interested in the right one for us?
- will it get sold out from under us?
- how in the heck do I deal with things like inspections, appraisals, closing costs, etc, etc?
and the biggest questions of all:
- how important is it (financially, emotionally, legally, even socially) that we be married before we take this HUGE step together? 
- am I okay with buying a house together without marriage? what if we choose to never get married? will buying the house make him feel like we have to get married?

all i know, is that it feels like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders just by taking the first step and seeing the broker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment