Thursday, November 12, 2009

reed books


I shopped in my favorite used book store and den of vintage treasures today, reed books, and got some super fun treats:

VINTAGE PATTERNS

*it's hard to see but this one is my favorite cause it's a wacky romper one piece that you put on the shorts and then pull the top through your legs from the back to the front and wrap it around your neck like a halter - see the small pic on the bottom left*


THIS AMAZING OLD ADVERTISEMENT

sorry the pics are all turned around funny - taking pics with my iphone and then posting them from the blogger app always causes trouble!
(click to enlarge so you can read - sideways, unfortunately - how to put on weight quickly with ease!!! i suggest donuts but whatever!)


VINTAGE LIFE MAGAZINES
can't wait to scan in images from these to share with you all!




here's one sneak peek:


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Some fun vintage finds! That wrap over romper thing is super cute but I imagine it would make going to the bathroom a bit of a hassle.

    Also, I'm with you on the doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wacky romper one-piece" ----- made one, and loved it back in the day! (and yes, going to the bathroom was an experience too bizarre to describe!)

    ReplyDelete